Translate

Monday, August 27, 2012

Covered Travel Baby Wipes Cases


Ok, so this is not crochet related, but it is family related lol. I like to be creative, and anything DIY excites me. I have decided to make a couple of covered baby wipes travel cases for my twins. They come in handy for the older boys too, sometimes. I was amazed at how easy they were to make. It definitely looks a lot harder than it is. So many people that I have shown thought I bought them, or sewed them. I think it's funny and take it as a compliment. I have only made 2 of these so far, but I am thinking of making a 3rd and making a video to show how I do it. 

I used the Huggies brand travel baby wipes containers that I purchased from Walmart for just over a $1 a piece. I also used cotton fat quarters for the fabric, and have plenty left over. Purchased them from Walmart as well for $ .97 a piece. I used a soft flannel under the cotton as batting because it was cheaper and worked  just as well. I got it at Walmart on clearance for $ .32. Lastly I purchased some ribbon to match with my fabrics and nursery theme. They cost just over a dollar each. So for about $5 a piece you can make these cases. 

We are doing a baby animal/jungle theme for our twins so I made one with jungle leaves print, and one with giraffe print. They came out so cute! I am thinking of covering a couple of the larger wipes cases as well. These are much more fun than the boring white ones! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment