Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crocheted Shell Stitch Scarf


This is a scarf I recently made. I have never made a scarf that wasn't double crocheted back and forth over and over again, so this was a first for me. I really enjoyed making it. I found the pattern for this scarf on YouTube. I followed along with Teresa Richardson's (The Art of Crochet and/or The Crochet Geek) tutorial. It was really really easy to make, and worked up really fast too! I love the shell pattern, it gives the scarf a lot of texture. I had to add some fringe to mine, although she didn't include that in her pattern. Scarves just HAVE to have fringe if you ask me lol. I made this using Redheart Super Saver yarn in "Off White". The color is great because it goes along with many outfits. I've worn this scarf out a few times recently when it was super cold and it really helped to keep me warm. I really like it a lot!


Here is a closer shot of the shell stitches.


Here is a shot of the fringe I added to both ends of the scarf. I just love fringe on scarves. I remember I used to braid all of the little strands on my scarves when I was younger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment