Translate

Friday, July 20, 2012

They're a...


So here is another little update on the twins. For those of you who don't already know we had our anatomy ultrasound scan a couple weeks ago. It's where they measure every bone and organ in the babies bodies. They also have a chance to find out the gender. The ultrasound went very well, the only upsetting thing I found out was that both babies are in the breech position. The Dr. said they still have plenty of time to turn around though. I really hope they do because I would like to experience a birth as natural as possible. Breech babies almost guarantee a C-section. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!  The Babies are getting so big. They are actually bigger than the average sized baby at their gestational age. It's a very good thing being that they are twins and they will be more than likely born early and will be very small. We got quite a few pictures printed from the ultrasound. We had planned on recording it but we were told it was not allowed. I became pretty upset at finding that out. I had not brought my boys with me to the appointment but told them we were recording it and that they would be able to watch it later. I feel like I let them down. :( At least they got a lot of pictures to look at.

So the big news, the tech asked us if we wanted to know the genders of the twins. We said yes! We had been waiting for weeks to know what we were having. I was hopeful to finally have a little girl. We were already told the babies are fraternal. Which means they could possibly be two different genders. The tech looked at Baby A first. When I saw it I knew what it was immediately. I already have two boys and am very used to what that looks like on an ultrasound. Baby A is a boy!! :) She looked at Baby B next. It was a little more difficult to see and the tech thought we might not find out at first. Finally she angled the Doppler just right and we saw what looked like more boy parts! Baby B is a boy!! So looks like I'm going to be a mommy of 4 boys. No little girls for me. I admit that was a little disappointing, but I love them either way and I am excited and looking forward to meeting them.

I told my BIG boys that they have 2 little brothers on the way and Rylan was a little upset that he wasn't getting a little sister, but he still seems excited about the babies coming. Elijah is a little less into anything going on right now. He didn't seem as phased by the news. I'm sure they are both going to make excellent big brothers and helpers when the twins are born. Justin, my husband, went in expecting to hear that it was two more boys for us, so he wasn't very surprised to hear it.

I am now almost 22 weeks along. Both babies are very healthy and I am too. :) I'm half way there already yay! I'll stick in a few of the photos at the end! They are soo adorable!

Here I am at 18 Weeks! :)

Profile of Baby A

Profile of Baby B

My little boys waving hello! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment