Translate

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009 & New Years 2010

So how did every ones holidays go? I actually enjoyed the holidays this year a lot! ..and I have to say I tend to have a negative attitude around the holidays just because of things that have happened in the past. Well I tried to keep a positive look this year all though there were definitely things that could have brought me down this year, such as the loss of my grandmother and the financial troubles that go along with our failing economy. I just tried to remember what Christmas was truly about and celebrated for that. Everyday I thank Jesus for what he's done for us.

For Christmas I made a delicious ham dinner and had family over. It was great! I enjoy having people over sometimes. It gets really lonely when my only company is a 1 1/2 yr old and a 6 month old baby. Anyway, dinner went great! The ham was delicious! It was really fun watching the boys open their gifts, especially Rylan. Once he realized there was something good underneath the wrapping paper he started tearing into one after the other hardly giving me time to get pictures. Eli was excited for the first few things but he got bored fast. It's just his age. Rylan was the same way last year. I hear it gets better as they get older, but it gets more expensive too lol.

On New Years Eve my mother took the boys for us over night so Justin and I could go out. We had a nice time, we had a few drinks (...literally like 3-4) and watched the fireworks together. I hadn't really been able to enjoy the holiday in 2 years because I was pregnant 2 years in a row lol. So this year it was really nice just to be able to enjoy some time alone on the holiday. (Thanks mom if your reading this! :D ) On New Years Day we spent some time with Justin's parents and Rylan finally got to play in the snow with his new snowsuit. (I'll post some pictures at the end of this blog.) They made a lasagna dinner that I hear was pretty good. (I don't eat lasagna anymore..long story that involves 4 kids with the stomach flu. Yuck! lol) Anyway like many people I'm sure, Justin and I have made a New Years resolution to lose weight. We are starting a diet with exercise starting Monday, January 4th. So wish us luck! I got to lose all this extra weight gained from being pregnant 2 years in a row.

Well I'm signing off for now. I got some errands to run today. Once again, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season this year! God Bless!

Here are the pictures of Rylan playing in the snow. (This is his first time because he was too young last year.)





No comments:

Post a Comment