Translate

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The case of the missing camera...

Hey again! If you follow me on Facebook you probably already know that I have been missing my camera since right before Christmas, and if you don't follow me on Facebook, what are you waiting for? Just kidding lol, but you should seriously go check it out and don't forget to hit the like button when you are there. It's a cool way to stay up to date in between blog posts. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CrochetCrazyMama-Blog/196370060448021

Anyway, so my camera is no where to be found. I brought it with me when we went up to my mothers house the weekend before Christmas. We celebrated early because she wasn't going to be able to make it to our place or us to hers on Christmas Day. I took a few photos of my boys opening the gifts she got them, and then the camera went into my coat pocket. I know it's not the best place for it, but I wasn't carrying a purse so my pocket was the next best thing. When it was time to leave I remember that I felt my pocket as I was walking out the door to assure myself that I still had it with me.

A few days later I wanted to take a picture of something and it was gone! I searched everywhere I thought it could be and a few places that I knew there was no way it could be. I told my mom it was missing and she searched her place with no luck. I even searched the car to make sure it didn't just fall out of my coat pocket in there. Christmas morning came and the camera was still no where to be found and I was upset. It's a good thing that my sister stayed with us the night before and brought her camera along. I wouldn't have been able to get any shots of my boys faces when they opened all of their gifts if she had not brought hers.

It's been a couple of weeks now and I swear that I have checked every inch of my house and car and have come to the conclusion that it is not here. The only other place we had gone before the day I realized it was missing, was to my in-laws house, and that was the day after we went to my moms. We even called and asked them to search around to see if it was there. It wasn't. So now I have to just accept that any family photos I had on the camera are now gone.. and hope that they aren't in the hands of some stranger. (Although I doubt very highly that it was stolen.)

Until last night, I had decided I was just going to have to purchase a new camera. I have been planning on buying a new video camera soon, so why not get a new camera too? I do need both of them. Well, last night my mother called me to let me know she had found a camera online that she thought I would like, and said that she was buying it for me to replace the one I had lost. As she explained the features of the camera and listed all of it's accessories I just got happier and happier. I guess I don't have to buy a new one after all. I thanked her of course, and now I am just waiting until it's delivered. I can't wait! I will update everyone when I get it and then I will have a lot of catching up to do here on the blog. I have so much to show you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment