Translate

Friday, January 27, 2012

Large Crochet Granny Square Scrap Bag


This is a large bag I completed recently made up of several large granny squares. I used up a ton of scrap yarn to make this bag. I decided that I would use it to store materials for projects I am currently working on, or I could even use it to store extra scrap yarn. I single crocheted the squares together to give it a nice textured look on the outside of the bag. This bag is not lined, but I don't really plan on putting anything in it that would fall out through the holes of the granny squares. 


 The squares are pretty large that make up this bag. As you can see in the picture above, each square is larger than my hand.


I single crocheted several rows at the top of the bag give it a nice edging and to make the straps. The tight stitches gave the straps a stronger feel to me. I felt they would be able to support the weight of the bag or any materials in the bag very well. 



The bag has lighter or brighter colors on one side and darker or more neutral colors on the other side. Flip that bag depending on your mood! :) This bag was really fun to make and really takes no time at all. It's another great way to use up scrap yarn, which is awesome to me because I have so much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment