Translate

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crochet Wreath


I know Christmas was almost a month ago now, but I finally have the pictures I took with my sisters camera, because mine disappeared remember :(.  This is a wreath I made for my mother as a Christmas gift. I searched around the internet looking at pictures of other crochet wreaths people had made and came up with the idea for how I would make my own. The first one I made, I had used pipe cleaners to make a round shape to work with, and I crocheted around it adding lots of extra stitches on each row to give it the wavy/ruffle effect that resembled what looks like a wreath. When I had finished it, I realized that it couldn't even hold it's own weight and I couldn't figure out how I would hang it on a wall or door. With the help of my destructive little toddlers it fell apart.

I decided I would try again. This time I went to the craft store and purchased a wooden ring used for cross stitching. I figured the wooden ring would be able to hold the weight of the yarn much better than the flexible bendy pipe cleaners. So I recreated the same design I used on the first one and it came out great! I added  a ribbon tie to the back, some little crochet flowers with leaves, and a little crochet butterfly to decorate it to my moms tastes. The little roses and leaves on this wreath are made with a new pattern of mine. I will probably be sharing that with you in the free patterns section of this blog. They are simple and cute and work up really fast. My mother really likes it and has it hanging on her front door now. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment