Translate

Sunday, May 15, 2011

April showers brings May flowers


One of my favorite things about Spring has always been all of the beautiful flowers. I am allergic to most of them, but I still love how beautiful they are. So what better way is there to enjoy the beauty of flowers without the watery eyes, runny nose, itchy throat and sneezing? Crochet flowers of course! LOL! I sound like a commercial. Anyway I have seen quite a few different crochet flower patterns before, but most of them just looked too difficult to me. Well, I decided to face my fears and go ahead and try a few of them. I was surprised to find out how easy and fun they were to make. I used scrap yarn to make all of my flowers. I think flowers are an excellent way to use up all of your left over yarn and they can be used for a number of different things too.


This one is the "Crochet Marigold Flower". This one is one of my favorites so far. It was a very easy pattern to follow and I think the flower is beautiful. (Find the pattern here: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2008/04/crochet-marigold.html )


This one is the crochet "Ribbon Flower". I really love this one too! This pattern I found to be a little more difficult for me in the beginning, but once I figured it out I love it! The unique design of this flower is beautiful and I had fun making it. (Find the pattern here: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2008/11/crochet-ribbon-flower.html )


This is the "Cheerful Crochet Flower". This is a beautiful flower pattern and another favorite. Very fun and easy to make. I will definitely be making more of these! (Find the pattern here: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/05/cheerful-crochet-flower.html )


This is a crochet "Pansy". It's a very pretty flower and I enjoyed making it. It was also a very easy to follow pattern and it doesn't take much time to make. (Find the pattern here: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2008/09/crochet-pansy-variation-2.html )


This one is the "Radiant Crochet Flower". This pattern was a little different to me. I liked doing it, but it wasn't my favorite. It had a new stitch or two that I had never tried before and I like to learn new things soI enjoyed that about it. Overall it was a very simple flower but still very pretty. (Find the pattern here: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2010/02/radiant-crochet-flower.html )


Last but not least, this is the "Spring Bloom". This is an original pattern by me. After trying out all of the other patterns, i decided to try to come up with a unique flower pattern of my own. This is the result. I really like it. I did write up the pattern as I went along and I will share it with you in the free patterns section of this blog. it's a layered flower made in three separate parts and sewn together. I think it's beautiful! :)

I enjoyed making all of these beautiful spring flowers and look forward to tryout out a few more new patterns soon. I'll keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment