Translate

Friday, May 20, 2011

My First Doily!


This is my very first crochet doily. This is my own design made with regular 4-ply yarn. I've never tried to make doilies before due to the fact they most are made with thread. I have bad eyes so working with such a small hook and thread is hard for me. I also noticed that most doilies look very hard and are for more advanced crocheters. My doily is a very simple design. I didn't quite know how I was going to make it or how big. I just kinda made it up. It's simple, but I like it. I think it's perfect for the coffee table or a small end table. I am probably putting it on my kitchen table with a vase on top. I didn't write up the pattern for this, but I will try to. When and if I do write up the pattern I will definitely share it.

Here's an up-close look at the design of the doily:

No comments:

Post a Comment