Translate

Friday, August 13, 2010

Spiedie Fest Balloon Rally 2010

If you don't know what it is, you don't know what your missing! The spiedie fest is held once a year here in NY. They have spiedie cooking contests (...delish!), games, rides, concerts, lots and lots of food and craft vendors, and so much more. Oh and one of my favorite parts, they have hot air balloons! It costs a pretty penny to ride one, so we couldn't do it this year. I'm afraid of heights but I still would really like to try it one year. It's still very enjoyable just to watch as the balloons are filled up and set off into the air. We were very lucky to get a spot very close to one of the balloons being filled up. I'll post some pictures of that at the end of this post. This was actually my first year going to the spiedie fest and we had a blast! There's something there for everyone, even my 2 young boys had a great time. :)

This year we went along with my sister and her boyfriend. It's a short walk to get to the park from a parking spot and we were pushing to separate strollers so it was nice to have the help. When we first arrived, we went to the kids area where there were games and rides. My youngest Elijah was too small for any of the rides yet, but Rylan went on a couple with my sister. Next year we'll have to go on a few more and I'll make sure to have Eli along on the rides too! We played a few games and won a couple prizes for the kids, then set off further into the fun. We grabbed some goodies along the way of course, drinks, food, and snacks. There was a Christian band there we listened to for a few minutes before Rylan started saying he wanted to go. We were really close so the noise must have been too much. My sister and her boyfriend really wanted to go see the Joe Nichols concert they were having this year so we went somewhere to get out of the heat and relax while they headed to the concert area.

It was pretty hot out, and it was starting to get to all of us. Once in some shade, Justin, the kids and I got to enjoy some family time together and of course snapped a bunch of pictures. We were waiting for the balloons to launch when my sister came by to tell us the wind had changed and they were headed in the opposite direction than the previous days. We didn't go for the first day of the fest but we were able to get pictures of the balloons as they flew right over our heads while we were at home. Anyway, we had to move from our shaded area to see the balloons. We ended up finding a great spot right in front of one of the balloons being filled up! It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! LOL! After the balloon launch, we got into the concert to see Joe Nichols. That was nice too, only my second concert while it was Justin and the boys first. The concert went pretty late into the night but it was the perfect ending to an amazing day!



This was my favorite balloon.. It was a Tuxedo! :)


The heat coming from the balloon was crazy!


Here's a shot of me and my boys at the Joe Nicholas concert.

...and lastly the best pic I could get of the concert. Maybe we can get closer to the stage next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment