Translate

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Baby Ballerina" Dress Set

This is my original "Baby Ballerina" design. This is the very first baby dress I ever designed on my own. It came out so much better than I even thought it would. It's beautiful! Every part of this dress set is my original pattern. After making this dress it really makes me wish I had my own little girl. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I did have someone who wanted to buy it, but they decided not to because the baby was getting too big for it. I made the dress and the accessories with Caron Simply Soft yarn in colors White 9701, and Soft Pink 9719. The entire set was made using a size H-8 crochet hook.
This is the front of the dress. I really love the ruffles, which I made with a 6-stitch shell pattern I designed.
This is the back of the dress. I found the perfect buttons to match this dress. They were pink with white flowers on them.
...and here is the little hat. This set would be perfect for a larger preemie baby or a newborn. I added the little pink ruffles to the hat which were created with the same 6-stitch shell pattern I used for the skirt of the dress. (The flowers were also made with the same stitch)
Last but not least, this is the matching headband. I made this just to give a choice to wear this or the hat. They both look adorable together with the dress. I never made a headband before so this was my first try. I think it came out pretty good.

This dress took me a lot of time and work but I am so proud of it. I never thought I would be able to design something like this on my own, but I did. I look forward to making more of these dresses and maybe even designing a couple more of my own patterns.


No comments:

Post a Comment