Translate

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Purple "Baby Ballerina"

I finished the purple "Baby Ballerina" dress set I was requested to make. They didn't want a hat this time so I just made the cute little headband to go with it. I did a couple of things different with this one to make it more comfortable and to fit about a 3 month old baby. I used double crochet on the top of the dress instead of half-double crochet, and made the skirt have a few less ruffles. I also added some ruffles along the edge of the armholes. I increased the hook size to a size I-9. I
made this using the same simply soft yarn I used for the first dress in White and Orchid.
Here is the front of the dress. I really love this pattern!!

...and here is the back of the dress. I found more adorable little buttons that matched the dress perfectly. They were light purple with glitter in them. This dress needed 4 buttons instead of 3 because it was slightly bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment