Translate

Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Sweaters For My Boys

Yay!! Christmas Sweaters!! :D LOL. Ok here is one of 2 matching Christmas sweaters and hat sets I made for my two handsome little boys. This is yet another modified version of the Simple Baby Sweater pattern found by searching on YouTube for Mikeyssmail. He is a great teacher! As you can see I also added pockets on this one. (Not that a baby is really going to use pockets.. just thought it was really cute.) I just love changing up other peoples patterns to make them my own. There really are endless possibilities with the original pattern. Everyone has to start somewhere! I have been slowly creating my own patterns for things and it's so fun to do! Anyway back to the Christmas sweaters... I made these sweaters using Red Heart Super Saver yarn in colors 0319 Cherry Red, and 0316 Soft White. I used a size K hook on the sweater and a size I on the hat. Now I know a lot of people don't like to use this kind of yarn on something that will be touching the skin because it can be itchy, but all you have to do is put it through the wash a couple times and dry it on low heat and remove promptly. You may even want to take it out before it's completely dry. It makes it much softer.

I love the little pom pom on the top! :) I made this hat a little different than the other hats I designed, but really all I did was make it a little longer and fold it down.. and made a pom pom to sew on top. It came out super cute and goes really well with the sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment