Translate

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I made a purse!!

This is a purse/handbag I made with my own original pattern. Although this isn't the first purse I have designed, it's the only one I really like and would actually use. All of the other purses I have designed were pretty flat and would not stand up on their own at all. (They usually were simply a big rectangle folded in half and sewn closed with a single chain strap. LOL! ) I'm proud of this one. It does stand on it's own flat bottom, has a thicker more supported strap, and has a very cute closure. The strap is not stiff but I still like it. I'm sure the pattern can probably be modified with some sort of store bought handle if you really wanted. I made this purse with Red Heart brand worsted weight 4 ply yarn in colors Black and Buff, and used a size I crochet hook. (The Lilac and White purse in the picture was made with a softer baby yarn i had left over from an old project. I made that one for my best friend Frances for her birthday last month.) I don't have the pattern ready for posting just yet, but it's something I will work on if anyone wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment