Translate

Friday, December 4, 2009

It was a loonnggg day...

You may have noticed I didn't really post anything new yesterday. (I posted something sometime yesterday morning, but it was about an older item I made. Nothing new.) Anyway that's because I had sort of a long day yesterday. (I guess that's normal for a stay at home mom of two little boys though. ) First of all Rylan woke me up really early in the morning. I guess i shouldn't be up writing new posts on my blog at 2:13 in the morning should I. (LOL... Notice the time of my very first post on 12/3/2009.) Justin was tired because he was the one to get up the morning before with him. So I figured I had better get up this time. Well, then I had to give him breakfast. He needed a bath so I decided to take one with him so he wouldn't fight me. (The only way he will let me bathe him is if I take one with him. He's a hardcore daddy's boy!) Well right as I was finished helping Rylan get dressed, Elijah woke up. So I thought well guess I better get him up and dressed and feed him too, because we had things to do. So, I got Elijah dressed and made his bottle.

I then caught a few minutes to jump online and check my email, read a few things and write up a quick post here on my blog. (I'm trying to post lots of the older things I've made so I can catch up on my newer stuff.) Then Justin got up so we got ready to leave. We had to do a little grocery shopping, which by the way you should never do when you are hungry. LOL. (Turned into more than a "little" shopping) Guess I should have eaten breakfast instead of getting on the computer. Well after running errands we came back home, and ate some of the junk we shouldn't have bought at the store and fed the boys again. Then it was run around time as I help Justin get things ready for him to leave for work. The entire time I had two cranky little boys screaming for our attention so I would be trying to tickle one and hold the other as I helped him gather his things. I decided it was nap time! So they both went in their beds, and Justin left for work.

Yay! Time to take a nap or sit and relax and get some crocheting done right? LOL. Not! No it was cleaning day, so no relaxing or napping for me. I went room to room cleaning, until of course a couple hours had flown by before I knew it and I realized the boys were still in bed. It was almost 5:00 so I had to wake them up. So hesitantly I did, then filled up a fresh bottle, and sippy cup of milk and sat them in front of the TV to watch one of their favorite movies so that I could finish cleaning. Of course that didn't go as planned. Rylan would rather try to "help" me clean, which turns into getting in my way and slowing me down. He's too cute though so I can't help but let him. Then we ended up dancing around the house to the radio as I was trying to clean at the same time. (LOL. Go ahead try and picture this...)

Garbage gets picked up super early Friday mornings so we have to get everything together and outside the night before. Well the first bag I got together I was just about to tie it shut and the tie snapped. I was thinking "Great!...Just great!!" . Why do people always say the opposite of what they really mean? Well I tried doing some magic and somehow tied the pieces together and got the bag tied shut. I lifted the bag to carry it to the door and who would have guessed... the bottom of the bag popped open and everything fell out. I was pulling my hair out. Well I put a new bag over the old bag and got everything back inside.

Soon enough it was time for dinner. Justin came home to eat and left back to work. The time was just flying by. I still wasn't finished with all of the housework. I attempted to get a few more things done before it was bedtime for the boys. After I got them to sleep, I finished up a few things and jumped back online to check a few things as I waited for Justin to get home. When he got here he helped me take the garbage to the curb. Then we came inside and I tried to relax a little and finally sneak some crocheting in. We watched a quick half hour show together and headed to bed. So I never posted anything. No posting at 2:13 am again. Whew!

Other than having to get up a couple of times in the night to comfort Elijah because he's teething, today is going much better. It doesn't matter that I didn't get much sleep because I'm not draining all of my energy today. Oh sure, there are other things I should be doing other than writing this ridiculously long post on my blog, but I have the time so why not. I even had a chance to work on a few more things this morning. I will be posting an update on the afghan a little later so make sure you come back and look for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment